Deurali, Nawalparasi - Climate Change Adaptation
Our work in Deurali to date has focussed on irrigation and water management systems and adaptive capacity building under the title: Enhancing Community Capacities for Learning and Adaptation (ECCLA).
In 2017/18 and 2018/19 we are extending ECCLA in the three Deurali locations. We are continuing our work in Durlunga/Baseni and Shyamgha/Satakun/Tandi while also re-establishing support for Dhabaha village.
The overarching aim of our support for remote upland communities is to build their capacity to adapt to climate change. A community’s adaptive capacity is determined by its physical and human resources; TGT aims to fund the development of both.
In Deurali, across three communities, we will develop human knowledge, skills and confidence through training and support offered by our partner NGO, HICODEF. We will also ensure communities have access to all the necessary equipment and infrastructure needed to put new agricultural methods into practice.
- Farmer field schools in all three communities
- Cooperative and market mechanisms workshops
- Improved water management training and maintenance of new irrigation system
- Broom grass cultivation and marketing
- Climate Change awareness and adaptation workshops